Ready to Advance Your People Skills?
Hi there! I'm Lauren Tan, Pittsburgh's Body Language Expert & ZYTO EVOX practitioner.
My job is to help you reach your personal and professional goals.
Pittsburgh's Body Language Expert
- ZYTO EVOX certified practitioner
- Body Language Trainer certified by Science of People
- Personality Trainer certified by Science of People
- Bachelor's in Psychology
- Master's in School Counseling
- School Counselor PK-12 (Certified in Pennsylvania)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- METT 3.0 Micro Expressions - Expert Level by Dr. Paul Ekman
- SETT 3.0 Subtle Expressions - Expert Level by Dr. Paul Ekman
- Micro Expressions Profile Training by Dr. Paul Ekman
- Micro Expressions Intensive Training by Dr. Paul Ekman
- Statement Analysis® Training by Mark McClish
- 2018 recipient of Whirl Magazine's "20 in their 20's" award
- Former gymnast, dancer, contortionist, and aerialist
- Sports fan
Why Body Language and Zyto Evox?
I think the connection between our minds and our bodies is unlike anything else. Let me explain why I offer both services even if they don't necessarily seem related:
As you can probably see from my professional background above, I've spent a lot of time learning about various aspects of human behavior. I'm always trying to learn "life hacks" when it comes to people. One of the things I've learned along the way is how much of a factor each person's perspective is, which is subject-specific. For example, someone could think and feel positively about their job and succeed with it, but struggle when it comes to romantic relationships.
In 2017, I started my body language training business, Bodycipher, LLC. I chose "Bodycipher" as a play on words in the context of body language (body + decipher). My interpretation of "decipher" goes both ways: decoding (reading other people's body language) and encoding (becoming aware of your own body language and using it purposefully). Learning body language was a way of my body and mind speaking to each other, in a sense, for my benefit. It improved my social interactions, professional relationships, etc.
Fast forward to early 2020 (before the pandemic), I discovered the Zyto Evox and had a few sessions with a facilitator to help me change my perspective about a particular subject. (For more about what the Evox does, please visit my "Zyto Evox" page). After each session, I noticed that I THOUGHT differently about the subject. My perspective shifted to some degree each time. It gave me more freedom. Again, this was another way my mind and body came together to help me improve a certain part of my life.
Now, as of 2020, I have decided to add the Zyto Evox to my services and become a facilitator for others. Body language and the Zyto Evox both involve the relationship between the body and mind.